Get Back to Feeling Great Again
For those who have been suffering from the same pain for more than six months and are losing hope that they will ever feel better, Altum Health has a program we think can help.
Chronic pain not only affects how our bodies perform, but it also affects how we feel and even our relationships. Those who suffer from the same thing for more than six months often feel helpless and hopeless that a solution is possible. It can put a strain on our relationships at home, in social settings and at work.
Our Pain Management program was designed to bring hope and health to those with chronic pain. We customize our treatment plan to each patient. We have a goal of helping you get the information you need, giving you strategies for coping with pain and empowering you with the tools you need to be able to engage in as many activities as possible.
How Do You Know Your Pain Is Considered “Chronic”?
- The pain lasted for more than six months
- It is the result of an injury which should have healed by now
- The pain gets worse when you are stressed or angry
- You feel a sense of hopelessness
- Pain medication stopped working, even when your dose has increased
- You have trouble sleeping because of pain
- The pain is affecting your social life or other relationships
- It is harder for you to enjoy things because you are in pain
Here’s How We Help You Manage Your Pain
- We do a complete assessment of your health at the beginning. Goal setting is included in this session.
- We provide an active, evidence-based treatment plan for your recovery.
- We do everything we can to help you understand your condition. This will help with knowledge and coping skills so you can get back to doing as many activities as possible.
- We complete regular check-ups and re-assessments. We want to make sure you are applying techniques you’ve learned. We also track your rehabilitation progress, making sure we are getting closer to your goals.
- We will help you work towards a timely and safe return to everyday activities and to work where appropriate.
Our Interdisciplinary Program Dedicated to Your Health
The Pain Management rehabilitation team is tailored to help you return to the activities and work needs of each client.
The team consists of several healthcare professionals. Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologists, Physicians, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, who work collaboratively with each client to set rehabilitation goals and plan treatment.
Research studies suggest that a team is more effective than other isolated models of care.
Here’s How We Help You Manage Your Pain
The program starts with an assessment to determine appropriateness for the program. Intake assessments with each team member will determine the treatment plan depending on the client’s unique needs.
Treatment will include:
- individual and group education
- one to one counselling sessions
- an exercise program
- functional activities including work activity simulation
- a home-based program to allow clients to maintain the gains they make.
- Return to work planning, where appropriate, can also occur within the program.
Clients, in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, are encouraged to assume the responsibility of their health care plans. We share information about the scope of the program and outcomes achieved with clients and other stakeholders.
Our Pain Management Program Features:
- Outcomes focused and time-limited treatment
- Flexible scheduling and available in multiple communities across Ontario
- Regular communication with the client, referral source and other stakeholders (as needed) throughout the program
- Program Frequency and Duration – Clinic or Work-placed Based – daily for up to 6 weeks or 2-3 x week for up to 12 weeks
Book a free appointment today!
Your Coverage Options
Physiotherapy services are provided on a competitive fee-for-service basis. The types of insurance coverage we accept are WSIB, Third Party Insurance, Extended Health Benefits, and Self-Pay.
Please contact your insurance carrier for coverage details and to obtain approval.
Your Health Comes First – Not Paperwork
At Altum Health we believe your health should come first. We take care of the paperwork so you can focus on getting better, plus we offer direct insurance billing, saving you time and up-front costs.
Not sure if you’re covered? No problem. We can help you find out. Call us toll-free at 1 844 662-5886.
You do not need a doctor’s referral for physiotherapy. However, if you are going to use your health insurance to cover the cost of therapy, the insurance provider may ask you for a doctor’s referral.
Physiotherapy focuses on removing the cause of the problem as opposed to superficially treating the symptoms. This process may take some time, but the results are often more permanent with less chance of the disorder returning.
Although each clinic’s approach to intake, assessment and therapy do vary, generally speaking your physiotherapist will ask a series of questions that will help better describe all of your symptoms in detail. Your physiotherapist can then carry out your assessment. The physiotherapist will examine you physically and discuss the findings, the cause of the problem, and suggest a solution that can effectively treat your health problem
Appointment usually takes about an hour for a full assessment. Subsequent treatments can be shorter or longer depending upon the condition and the treatment required. Subsequent physiotherapy treatments can be twenty to thirty minutes in length.